Monday, September 24, 2012

1. I picked this book because it is about historical war which interests me.
2. The book I chose has one author.
3. The book is titled "The Battlefields of England."
4. The book was in 1950 published. It was reprinted in 1973 by Methuen & Company in London and Barnes & Nobles in New York.
5. The book was printed in London.

The book I chose is called "The Battlefields of England", I selected this book because historical war interest me. "The Battlefields of England" was written by Lieutenant Colonel Alfred H. Burne and was published in 1950 then reprinted in 1973 by Meuthen and Company in London as well as Barnes and Nobles in New York. In the book "The Battlefields of England" Burne tells stories about battles that occured in England during the medival era. The first battle he covers is the Battle of Mount Badon, the author gives us a picture of the type of person the general was in this battle, "But Arthur judged aright. On what did his calculations? I suggest he shared that gift possed by all great generals-the power of being able to picture the enemy's position and attitude and to penetrate his frame of mind." (7)


Lt. Colonel Alfred H. Burne.  The battlefields of England. 
London and New York: Methuen and Company, and Barnes & Nobles, 1973.

No comments:

Post a Comment